Here is an update of our latest news and events:
- AGM – our annual AGM will take place on Wednesday 30th October 2019 stating at 6.30pm in the Trust Bar. Once the formal agenda is finished there will be an open discussion so please come along and ask any questions you like. If anyone is interested in joining the Trust board this is a good opportunity to put your name forward, please submit your nomination by 16th October 2019. We are particularly in need of marketing and administration resource and also people with initiative to manage events/projects from beginning to end.
- Games night for junior members – On the 24th October at 6pm we will be holding a games night for our junior members. the evening will see the young supporters taking on players at a variety of games such as pool, table tennis, fifa and table football. Tickets are £3 and fully paid up junior members will get priority until 13th October after which time the any remaining tickets will be made available. Tickets can be purchased here : http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/product/games-night-for-junior-members/
- Quiz night and Q & A – On Thursday 12th November 2019 starting at 7.30pm we are holding another of our popular Football Quiz Nights which will be combined with a short Q&A with the manager and some players who will also be taking part in the quiz. Tickets are £5 per team (maximum 4 per team) and can be purchased here : http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/product/football-quiz-and-qa/
- SLO We were delighted this week to be able to announce that Kristine Green has taken on the role as joint Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) after being invited back by the club. She will now work alongside the other SLO Jane Stephenson who will also now take on the role of Disability Liaison Officer (DLO). Kristine brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the role and will provide valuable additional resource to this very important aspect of fan engagement.
- Family Co-Ordinator – We are equally delighted to have been involved in the appointment of new family co-ordinator Kelly Billings who is making a real difference to the match day experience for some of our younger fans. We are working alongside Kelly on a number of ideas for both matchday and non matchday activities and would welcome any ideas. Just e-mail us at email@example.com
- Fan Zone and Ticketing– There are two other projects we are working on with the club to further improve fan engagement and the match day experience. Firstly we have identified a good site for a fan zone which is in the Constitutional corner and could be fenced off to allow access pre match without entering the ground. There is considerable work and expense involved in making the site fit for purpose and to provide cover but we are having positive discussions regarding some funding support and we are very confident that we can get this up and running for next season. The second project we are working on with the club is upgrading the ticketing system to enable seat selection, print at home and scanning. We are reviewing several solutions and evaluating benefits versus costs. Again we are targeting implementation for next season and are very confident of delivery.
- Diversity Awards – We were very proud to have been nominated for the league 2 fans for diversity award held recently in London. Kristine went along to represent us and although we didn’t win, that honour went to @LadyImps, it was great to share ideas and experiences with other supporter groups around the country. We continue to work alongside the club and GTFC SET to ensure that Blundell Park is a welcoming place for all.
- Programme Notes and Minutes of Meetings – A reminder that we have an article in the programme each match and for those who do not buy the programme we put the articles on our website the week after the match. We also put the minutes of our board meetings and meetings with the club on the website. http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/newsletters/news/ http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/minutes-and-agendas/
- Christmas Draw – It is that time of year again!! Our Christmas draw is now on sale in all the bars and will be held in the players bar after the Scunthorpe game on 21st December. If you don’t go in the bars but would still like to take part you can do so here : http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/product/christmas-draw/
Thanks for your support.
Mariners Trust Board