As a member of The Mariners Trust, we may use data provided by yourself to keep you updated on what we have been doing, send newsletters, offers and incentives. We may also share your data with Grimsby Town Football Club to ensure you are eligible for discounts, advance ticket sales and other offers relating to the club.
Under new data protection laws, you must OPT IN to continue to enjoy these offers. Please do so here!
Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [Business name & other trading names].
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we are a not for profit organisation, and use data only for advertising, marketing and public relations in connection with our own business activity
- Lawful basis: Legitimate interests The reason we use this basis: We will not use your data only for reasons pertaining to your Mariners Trust membership. We process your information in the following ways: We will store your data in an encrypted manner, with restricted access. Your data will be used for reasons only pertaining to the Mariners Trust. We may use your data for the distribution of newsletters, updates, and offers but not for direct marketing that is not related to the Mariners Trust. Data retention period: For the duration of your membership and for 6 months thereafter. Sharing your information: To share your personal information with third parties. This is limited to Grimsby Town Football Club, and is for the provision of offers and incentives that are open only to Mariners Trust members.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.