A reminder that we are looking for your BEST GRIMSBY TOWN XI 1971/72 -2001/2. A number of the positions are too close to call and so your vote can make a difference. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below the original e-mail giving further details
Stuart Brace, Joe Waters, Kevin Moore, Paul Futcher, um, Steve Saunders. Town have had some fine players. Help us find the very best.
It’s something we all do. Think back over the years we have been following the Mariners and make up a team of the best players we have seen in each position. The results have been a staple of fanzines from Sing When We’re Fishing onwards, and the source of many an argument. Now we are going to settle those arguments once and for all (or just give them fresh fuel).
In conjunction with cod almighty and a few other willing volunteers we are compiling an anthology of the best writing about Town, covering everything from the McMenemy championship season of 1971-72 to 2001-02, when we enjoyed a day on top of the Football League, and an extra-time winner at Liverpool. The anthology will name the best possible team from that period, as voted on by you.
To take part, simply send an email to email@example.com naming your team. Please:
- Name no more than eleven players, who must have had at least part of their Grimsby career between 1971 and 2002.
- Say in which position each player will appear in a 4-4-2 formation. You can name a goalkeeper, right and left backs, two central defenders, two central midfielders, a right winger, left winger and two strikers.
- Name your choice of manager – again one who managed Grimsby between 1971 and 2002.
- Tell us what year you started watching Grimsby.
- Send in your team by 1 April 2015.
If you want to say a bit about the players in your selection, please do.
We look forward to hearing from you.
To vote for your best Grimsby XI, email firstname.lastname@example.org . Share your thoughts on Twitter using #GreatGYXI
Up The Mariners
Mariners Trust Board