Following a great performance and result against table topping Plymouth at the weekend, Town were looking for a similar performance against second placed Carlisle. The game started slow with not many chances inside the first 25 minutes, then Carlisle centre back Raynes brought down Tom Bolarinwa just outside the box. Many were protesting for the Carlisle man to be shown a straight red card as they thought he was the last man, however is was just a yellow.

While Marcus Bignot may have been preparing his half time team talk with the team’s level. A missed placed pass from Mckeown was intercepted and lead to the first goal of the game leaving Town 1-0 down at the break.

There was a change at half time, with Disley replacing Comley, who I thought had played well in the first half. Town starting the second half with more intensity and desire compared to the first half. We won several corners and were putting the opposition under a lot of pressure in the first 5 minutes. The pressure soon paid off when some nice play from Jackson lead to Berrett being hacked down in the Box, penalty for Town. After missing his last penalty against Barnet, Bogle stepped up with confidence to slot the ball into the bottom right corner taking his tally to 14 for the season.

Carlisle then took the lead for the second time with Zak Mills turning a dangerous cross into his own net past a helpless James Mckeown. Up till that point I thought Town were the better side in the second half creating more chances and we didn’t deserve to be 2-1 down.

Dominic Vose replaced James Berrett after 70 minutes, coming on in the number 10 position just behind Bogle. It wasn’t long before Vose played the ball for Andrew on the overlap, which put a dangerous cross into the box with Bolarinwa heading straight at the keeper, and smashing in the rebound. A well deserved equaliser for town who then looked to find a winner.

After trying to find a winner for the remaining 10 minutes, Town settled for a well deserved point in a tough game against a team who are flying high near the top. There are several players who could get the man of the match; Jackson ran for the team all game as usual. Bolarinwa played well and got the equalising goal. However I thought Collins was the standout man, he won every header in the air and not much got passed him.

Now Bignot and the players can look forward to Crawley away at the weekend.  While Marcus Bignot’s impress unbeaten start in the football league continues.