The Mariners Trust is a collective of Grimsby Town supporters who have a direct say in the running of the football club. The Mariners Trust would not exist without your support. Please join us! Help make a difference to your football club.
We offer Annual Membership, at differing rates according to age, or Lifetime Membership. ( We are also seeking corporate members, preferably local businesses supporting their local team.)
Having A Say:
- We connect supporters with key decision makers – 1 representative on the Grimsby Town FC Board of Directors.
- Regularly issue supporter surveys, and feed the results back to Grimsby Town FC to help implement change (e.g. Young Adult season tickets).
- Hold regular fans forums for supporters to question club staff on hot topics.
- We raise £30,000 per year, which plays an important part in funding Grimsby Town FC’s Youth Setup.
- Successfully completed #OperationPromotion (a nationally and internationally recognised Crowdfunding project), raising an astonishing £110,000 to boost Paul Hurst’s playing budget for the 2015/16 season and help get Grimsby Town FC promoted back to the Football League.
- Taken on the running of the GTFC bars on a match day to improve the supporter experience.
- Partnered with local businesses Message in a Bottle and Axholme Brewing Company to introduce a ‘Mariners Promotion Ale’ to our Trust bars.
- Refurbished bars, including a welcoming and profitable away bar.
- Recently opened ‘The Wheelhouse Bar’ in the Pontoon corner, to honour former player and war veteran, Sidney Wheelhouse.
- Host regular Speaker Evenings (’98 Double Wembley-winning team, Graham Taylor, Lawrie McMenemy, George Kerr, Alan Buckley, John Helm and Duncan McKenzie).
- Helped to organise a book launch event with former player, John McDermott.
- Plan and run an annual pre-season Open Day, giving fans the chance to meet and greet players and staff, and participate in summer activities on Blundell Park’s pitch.
- Organise various fan participation nights (e.g. FIFA Night, Quiz Night, Operation Promotion Party).
- Organise regular competitions for Junior Mariners Trust members.
- Joined forces with the Mini Mariners Blog – aiming to promote a positive experience for children travelling to support their Club home and away.
- Arranged for mascots, flag bearers and young fans to take penalties before the FA Trophy Final at Wembley in 2013.
- Run pre-season competitions to help children be mascots for a ‘friendly’ game.
- Sponsorship of various community movements, including the Grimsby and District Intermediate League, Broadley FC and the Internet Mariners.
- Improved communications via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn).
Please support us and help us to do even more. As individuals we cannot make much difference, but collectively we certainly can!
The Mariners Trust are a Community Interest Company (CIC) and are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our registration is IP29571R. We are a not-for-profit organisation and our work is for the benefit of the wider community and not for the financial benefit of our members. We work under the model rules and guidance of Supporters Direct and we are also members of the Football Supporters Federation (FSF).