It is almost time for the Trust Annual General Meeting. This may seem to have come round quickly, but this is because our 2020 meeting was delayed due to COVID-19, and our 2021 meeting now falls back into our normal schedule.
Whilst the accounts are still with the auditors, in order to maintain the necessary timescales, we are issuing the notice of AGM today and the accounts will follow.
The 2021 AGM timeline is as follows –
- 30th September 2021 11pm – Resolutions/Agenda item deadline
- 6th October 2021 – Agenda and resolution voting details released
- 26th October 2021 11pm – Proxy votes for resolution deadline
- 27th October 2021 6.30pm – AGM
As most members are already aware, all board members of the Mariners Trust must stand for re-election every 3 years. This year, we have 3 board members up for re-election. They are –
We also have one vacant place on the board following the resignation of Jon Wood earlier this year. This means we have a total of 4 board places for election at the AGM.
Anybody wishing to stand for election should look to familiarise themselves with our rules as well as the requirements for standing for election. This can be found in our election policy. The nomination form can be downloaded here – Nomination Form
Points to note:
· You must be a member of the Trust at the time the notice of AGM is issued (i.e – today)
· You are fully aware of conditions set out in 5.9 of the election policy
· You have two fully paid up Trust members (at the time of completing your nomination paperwork) seconding your nomination
Please note that the Chair of the board has the right to check that any person who stands for election meets the required conditions.
In the event that we have more members standing for election than places available, an election will take place in the same manner as last year. We will release more information on this in due course.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.